Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The next day in Hiroshima

Well today I decided to head to the Peace memorial museum. It was very big and had a lot of information about why America chose to hit Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It took me about 2 hours to go through the entire museum. It was quite sad and kind of left you feeling depressed but it is history and it happened to real people. After the museum I went to Hiroshima castle which was rebuilt in the 1960's. It was pretty and I took a few pictures of that as well. Then on my way back home I found an arcade center with 6 floors of arcades, prize machines, pachinko, and karaoke.
Click here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jesse,
The before and after pictures are sad because most people that die and are affected by something this horrific; are innocent. I loved the flowers and arch monument. There is alot of peace to be found in arches and flowers; just like at Ground Zero in NYC. ...lest we forget. Thanks for sharing these photos with us. We miss you, MOM

Anonymous said...

HI JESSE! THE MORE I READ ABOUT YOUR ADVENTURES THE MORE COMFORTALE YOU APPEAR TO BE GETTING! IM NOT GONNA LIE IM SUPER BUMMED YOURE COMING HOME I REALLY WANTED TO COME OUT AND SEE YOU THEN HAVE YOU SHOW ME AROUND! I FOUND A REALLY SWEET DEAL FOR ROUND TRIP $250! ANYWAY DONT FORGET I LOVE YOU! BE SAFE!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jesse,
I finally got my computer up and running again. I really like your pictures. I especially enjoy the ones depicting the tranquility and peacefulness the Japanese are renouned for in the movies. The gardens, shrines, and temples, and even castles all have some element of tranquility in them.
Try not to be so shy as you endeavor to make new friends.
Love Ya,
Dad