Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Now I'm in Beppu, a town known for its hot springs

So today I went even further south and am now on the southern most island of the main islands. Beppu is quite a pretty as you will see from my pictures. I think this is the last place I'm going to go to and I'll be heading back to Tokyo the day after tomorrow. For tomorrow though, I'm going to try some of the outdoor onsens. I'm really looking forward to it.

And for those who don't know, I've decided to come back home a little earlier than I had planned. It didn't work out with getting a job (well more like getting a work visa) but that's ok. It has been a very fun vacation so far and I still have a month left. Anyway I've taken a few pictures so far so please enjoy!
Click here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, sorry the whole job thing didn't work out. On the one hand we're sad things didn't work out, and on the other we will be happy to see you return. Have a good last month in Japan, and see you when you get home.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jesse,
GREEN! These photos are so green and lush; what a beautiful place to visit these few days. The "9th Hell" spot with boiling water is neat and reminds me of a geyser.
I can see that no anti-perspirant will take care of the Japanese humidity for you!
Love mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Jesse,
My favorite is the Salt Stained T-Shirt. I knew you were sweating a lot, but I never knew how many minerals you losing along with the water. I hope you are getting enough water. Dehydration is a common cause for lack of energy and Charlie Horses. Love your pictures, aren't digital cameras the greatest inventions? I love not haveing to get the photos developed any more and they are available instantly.
Sorry I keep missing your calls. I'm never home until almost 6PM my time.
Love Ya,
Dad