Sunday, July 29, 2007

Hanabi (fireworks) and an old town

So last night I went with Yann and Fabian to the Hanabi show in Asakusa. We had a lot of fun. I couldn't believe how many people there were. I guess last year there were around 900,000 people which is an insane amount. That means roughly 10% of Tokyo was there. I took some video so I hope you enjoy that. I'll edit the blog a little later so you can see it in here. My video work once again isn't that great and it was really crowded. You can hear the people in the background yelling "Tamaiya!" or something like that. I guess it's kind of a traditional thing to do. I took out most of the really sudden movements so here you are.



Then today I went with Fabian and our landlady (I forget her name! どもすみません) to an older town not far from my house. Just 2 stations away from Kameari Station. But she pretty much only spoke in Japanese so I was able to practice a whole lot today. It was very fun. I posted pictures of that as well. We ate at quite a few places. She really seems to enjoy eating. Fabian and I had just had breakfast right before we left and then she took us to a place right after we got to the town. Then about an hour later we stopped at a Japanese coffee shop and had a small drink with a small cracker. After we left the town and came back to Kameari she asked me if I had ever had Soba before. I told her I hadn't and by this time Fabian had to go somewhere so it was just me and her. But she took me to one of the oldest Soba shops that is in Kameari and had that. It was very good, and I also had some vegetables and shrimp in tempura. Anyway here are the pictures.
Enjoy!
Click here

2 comments:

ジョッシュ said...

Looks like you're having a lot of fun man. That's awesome. Oh, and the picture by the statue RULES! lol I told you it would be awesome.
YESSSSSS. Keep up the blogging.
じゃ。

Anonymous said...

Hi Jesse,
Who is the famous actor? I love the photos of you with your landlord and your roommates too. It's fun to see your smile amidst all that rain! The food looks so weird and not very edible; must be quite an experience for you.
Thanks for the video too. Love mom