Friday, July 13, 2007

Well I'm here in Japan!

Well I made it to Japan. I'm not going to post any pictures just yet because I'm in Sakura house's internet cafe.

Well my flight was long. If you ever have a chance to take an 11 hour flight.... Don't do it, lol. I did sit next to a Japanese girl that grew up in California so she was fluent in English and Japanese. We didn't get to talk a whole lot until towards the end of the flight, but she helped me out a bit after we landed in the airport.

Lets just say it is SUPER humid here. It was raining when I got in so there was cloud cover so there wasn't much sun if any. BUT... Surprisingly I didn't get lost at all, I was quite proud of myself. Even using the subway was really easy. I only spent like 15 minutes traveling the city before I found my hotel.

There is so much vegetation even in the city it's quite something, quite a bit different from Utah. I hear Japanese conversations everywhere and since they are talking so fast I can only make out a few words here and there. I hope I can adjust to the speed in due time.

Most of the times I've had to talk to people (really just in the airport) most of them knew English so that helped when I couldn't quite explain. Of course when I'm thinking about it after the fact I think about how I could have said it in Japanese. I hope I can come up with responses faster as time goes on, but I don't think that will be a problem.

As soon as I got to my hotel I was sweating so much that I took a really cold shower and turned my rooms cooler to like 18C (about 60F) because it was so hot in there.

Well I'm going to Email a few people to make sure they know I'm safe. Hope to hear from you all soon. I'll post some pics of my puny hotel room tomorrow. lol

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Woo hoo! Jesse-san made it! I'm glad you didn't get lost. I hope to see some pictures soon.

だん産

Ben said...

おおおおおおお!すごい! That's awesome man, I bet it it pretty hot there, hehe. Get some pictures up soon!

ジョッシュ said...

Hey man! Glad you got there safe. Long plane rides are the worst eh. lol I TOLD you about the humidity. ;) lol Post some pics soon! I want to SEE. haha Well, keep the posts coming.

またね

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it there safe bro! You'll pick up the language naturally just by listening to it more and more. We miss you already and Raul said he hates you! Take care.

Anonymous said...

Well, I got your blog address now, and can see that you made it to Japan. All I can say is that humidity sucks and that you'll get used to the "speed" of the Japanese language. Really, as soon as you get used to how they speak and how to mentally pick apart the words, it will seem to "slow down," and you will start to get it. Have fun, bro.