Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Today I went to the Tokyo National Museum and had my 1st interview for an English teaching job.

Hello everyone,
Today was quite the adventure for me. I went to the Tokyo Nation Museum that is by Ueno park. It was quite cool in there... literally it was really hot today and the museum was nice and air conditioned. But anyway, I took quite a few pictures in the museum so enjoy. Some items were asked not to be photographed for some reason so some really cool stuff I can't show you. Anyway here are the pictures.
Click here

Now for your main question. My interview went really well I think. It's at a school called Doremi Garden Preschool. So as you can tell by the name it is a preschool. So I'll be teaching 1-5 year old kids and having to change diapers sometimes! lol I guess that's ok, I've never changed a diaper but I know I'll have to some day so I might as well learn now. Anyway, they want me to come back on Tuesday to try out a lesson and see how the kids like me. One of the interviewers asked me if I had a college degree though. I told him I didn't so he said that might cause a problem getting a work visa. He said he thinks they ask for a photocopy of your diploma when you apply for a visa. I told him I would check into though and see if this is going to be a problem. I hope it's not, but anyway, wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jesse! Your interview sounded great and this gives you some good experience in job hunting. Changing diapers is not too bad really because as you say, it gives you some good experience for the future when you are a daddy! I am trying to hook up to IM with you, so please let me know what I need to do. I sent away for some copies of your photos that have posted and will send to Grandma Lois and Darrel. I love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Congratz on the first interview. Hopefully it works out for you. Like your mom said, diapers aren't too bad (believe me, I've changed my fair share of diapers). I think the kids will like you too. Hopefully the whole degree thing won't be a problem either. Well, good luck, man.

Anonymous said...

HEY JESSE HOW IS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD? I LOVE THE CERAL PICTURE...SORRY ABOUT THE HEAT? DO YOU HAVE AN ADDRESS I COULD SEND A PACKAGE TO YOU? GOOD LUCK WITH THE JOB! LOVE YOU!